Monday, January 9, 2012

A few weeks ago I was the victim of a hit-skip accident wherein a car trying to get around me pinned me between his and another vehicle at a stop light (luckily it was gently) and then drove off after the light changed.  I called the police and explained the situation to the officer taking the report.  He proceeded to blame ME for being in the left lane (legally, I might add), as if this whole thing could have been avoided had I just stayed out of the way and was by no fault of the reckless, irresponsible, accident scene-leaving driver of the car that hit me.  He did run the car's tag and he told me he would follow up, which meant I would probably receive a citation for impeding traffic.  I told him this was fine because I had the law on my side and the judge would see that, but I wanted to other driver to accept the consequences for his actions.  He then proceeded to tell me how the judge would do whatever the officer told him or her to do.  No report has yet been filed, and I doubt if one ever will be.  So because the reporting officer believed I was partially at fault, even though I'm supposedly innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, I'm not entitled to have justice served on my behalf for this accident.  And we wonder why people hate cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment