Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last night around dusk I was riding home on Trabue (45 mph, 4 lanes) when  UPS delivery van was too busy trying to scare me by getting close behind me (as much as I would like to have eyes in the back of my head, I don't, so his efforts were wasted) to look in his mirror before passing me.  The result was that he nearly hit a pickup that was already next to him in the left lane.  The pickup driver honked, the UPS driver sped off, and everyone went on their merry way.

Or so I thought.

At the next light, the pickup driver moved over behind the UPS truck and honked again while idling at the light.  Then when the light changed, the pickup driver cut off the vehicle next to him (sound familiar?) pulled up next to the UPS truck, and honked a third time.  Then he cut off the UPS truck and slammed his brakes on to a complete stop, forcing the UPS truck to stop as well.  Why the UPS driver didn't back up and go around him I don't know, but at this point the pickup driver got out, came up to the UPS truck at the driver's side (i.e. the roadside) door, and started screaming at the UPS driver.  At this point I pulled into a driveway and started to call the police radio room, just in case it got physical, but I hung up when a cop drove by and didn't seem concerned by a man standing in the middle of the street (to the point where the cop had to leave the left lane and cross the center line to avoid him) yelling at a stopped truck.  Eventually the pickup driver was all screamed out and got back in his truck and everyone drove away safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment